Friday 24 December 2010

Best of 2010

Thought as its Xmas eve I would cobble together a review of 2010, this includes, music, gigs, road trips, general life decisions etc...

Best Gig of 2010 -

Nominations -
Motion City Soundtrack - Manchester
Jimmy Eat World - Manchester
Gaslight Anthem - Newcastle Academy
InMe - Relentless Garage

Winner - Story of the Year (Leeds Cockpit) - Gaslight anthem should and would have won this but for the fact that Story of the Year was Story of the Year...

Film of 2010 -

Nominations -

Tron Legacy
A Prophet
The Road
Iron Man 2
Scott Pilgrim
The Town
How to Train Your Dragon

Winner -  Kick-ass - I've picked kick ass... but ask me again and I'll give you a different answer... anytime spent seeing any of the films listed above would indeed be time well spent.

Best Cd's of 2010 -

Nominations -
Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life
Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
Train - Save Me, San Francisco
Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow

Winner - Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

Most Disappointing CD - Jimmy Eat World - Invented

TV Shows I watched in 2010 -

Nominations -

Glee
Modern Family
Big Bang Theory
How I Met your Mother
Top Gear

Winner - The Walking Dead

Webcomics

I read many webcomics but some of the ones I've enjoyed the most this year are

Questionable Content
Multiplex
Johnny Wander
Wasted Talent
Girls with slingshots

And we bid a sad, sad, sad farewell to the wonderful Bellen... Many thanks to Mr Box Brown for the entertainment over the past 3 years and good look to him in the future...

And one for the future - Selkie

Sport

2010 as a sporting year kinda sucked, world cup was a drag... the cricket is on a knife-edge... in terms of club football i don't think a single trophy went the right way... BUT... things are starting to look up at Sunderland only 1 bad result all season so far so we shall see what happens.

Personal Events

2010 was a busy year for me, full of life changing events... I moved in with Tracey, managed to get myself pretty sorted at work.

Other things i achieved this year, which previously i hadn't done, for instance I went to Malta which was a brilliant start to the year, and I also managed to spend 24 hours writing a comic which I'm still pretty damn proud of.

Obsessions

As ever I have spent my year going from obsession to obsession this years list includes -

Borderlands
Gears of War
NCIS
Malcolm Gladwell
Various web Games
Desperado
The Year of the Black Rainbow (Book and CD)
The Muppets
Real Ales

Might add to all this later... but if i dont see everyone in 2011

1 comment:

  1. as you keep adding to this, i find i can read it again and again and never get bored lol :P x

    ReplyDelete